Mailigen automatically handles bounces and unsubscribes. When a subscriber clicks an unsubscribe link or a campaign to an email hard bounces (if an email doesn't exist), Mailigen moves the subscriber into the appropriate status. For more information about bounce types, see the support topic, “What Are The Different Types of Bounced Emails?”
To view the subscribers in the different subscriber statuses:
- Select the My Lists option from the List Menu.
- Click on the list you wish to view. This will display the subscribers currently in that list.
On the left-hand side, you will see a status drop-down starting with — Active. Each list is divided into the following subscriber statuses:
- Active - all your subscribers that will receive your emails.
- Inactive - members who have received confirmation emails, but they didn't click on the confirmation link, that would give you permission to send email campaigns to them. Campaigns cannot be sent to these members, as they didn't agree to receive them.
- Unsubscribed - all subscribers who have unsubscribed from receiving email campaigns.
- Bounced - all subscribers whose email address doesn't exist or are inactive
- SMS - subscribers with phone numbers
- Bounced SMS - phone numbers that don't exist or are not reachable