|This is a Quick Start topic on adding contacts to a list. Do you need more complete instructions for Creating and managing lists?|
A Mailigen email campaign is always associated with a list, or list segment. Once you have a list, you can add contacts to it. There are three methods for adding contacts to a Mailigen email list: manually one by one, by copying an entire contact list, or by importing the contact list. Later, you can segment the list, so that a campaign is sent only to the appropriate contacts.
List creation process
To add contacts to a list:
- On the Mailigen toolbar, select Contacts > Add Contacts.
You can only add contacts to an existing list. If you have not yet created a list, Mailigen displays the Create New List form to let you do so. See Quick Start: Creating a new email campaign list to learn about creating a new list.
The Add or Import Contacts screen appears.
- Click the first option from the left: One-by-one.
This Quick Start topic covers only the first method of adding contacts. To learn more about all the methods, see Create and import your list.
- In the Add New Contact screen that appears, fill in details for the new contact. As you get started, add only yourself to the list. That way, at the end of the campaign creation process, you can send yourself the campaign to see how it works.
- Select list. From the drop-down list, select the list you want to add yourself to.
- Email Address. Type in your own email address.
- First Name and Last Name. Type in your first and last name.
- Send email confirmation request. Leave this checkbox unselected for now. You can learn more about this option in the topic Creating and managing lists.
- Click Add Contact at the bottom of the screen.
A notification is displayed at the top of the screen to confirm that the contact was added to the list.
- Click the link in the notification to view the list.
The Lists screen appears:
- From the drop-down list at the top of the screen, make sure you have selected the list you worked on before.
- To add additional contacts one by one, repeat steps 3-6.