- 1. What e-mail addresses are not allowed in e-mail contact list?
- 2. Cant import contacts in to list and how should the data base of contacts look like?(Importing contacts, importing lists, importing databases)
- 3. How can I create and edit sign-up forms?
- 4. Can I export separate lists after sending a campaign for inactive, unsibscribed, and bounced users?
- 5. Why can't I import my contacts? What kinds of database files does Mailigen support?
- 6. How does a recipient unsubscribe from receiving news from me?
- 7. How can someone be added to a list?
- 8. Where can I edit the opt-out form?
- 9. Why have some of my respondents received the same letter twice?
- 10. Why was a sign-up confirmation letter sent in a foreign language?
- 11. Are Mailigen selling email databases and lists?
- 12. What sorts emails aren't allowed in email lists?
- 13. Where can I choose the language for the opt-out message?
- 14. Why can't I segment my contacts by date?
(2) Cant import contacts in to list and how should the data base of contacts look like?
(Importing contacts, importing lists, importing databases)
Contacts can be imported in 3 ways:
b) Import database from a file
c) Copy e-mail to a empty field
Database can be imported from 3 different file types, *.txt, *.csv, *.xls.
1. Importing database from *.csv format files - the data as e-mail, name, surname, residence must be seperated by semicolon
2. Importing database from *.txt format files - the fields as e-mail, name, surname, residence must be seperated by TAB
3. Importing database from *.xls format files - the words as e-mail, name, surname, residence each must be in their own fields A, B or C*
* The layout of the fields may vary, for example, A may be name, B e-mail, C surname.
The recommended size of XLS format databes is 1,5 Mb. If there are only few data fields the size can be up to 7 Mb.
If a big XLS database can not be imported, the database should be divided.
If you are trying to import a list and the following message appears "The e-mails has not been added to
a) Database file contains disorganized text rows
b) The selected contacts are already in the list
c) No contacts were selected
d) The databes is too big
e) The correct email was not found in the first rows of database*
*(It is not recommended to have spaces in email addresses and unauthorized characters)
- 1. Select the contact list for which you want to create a sign-up form at My Contacts. Press sign-up form next to the list.
a) Once someone has filled a sign-up form, he or she will be emailed a confirmation link. If the confirmation link is clicked, the user is now an active participant of your list.
b) If you send the confirmation link to someone who has signed up, but the link hasn't been clicked, the user will be deemed an inactive participant.
- 2. Style the sign-up form.
- 3. Edit the fields in question, and add any fields you think will be necessary. Save the sign-up form.
- 4. Upon creating a sign-up form:
a) Click the Subscription form link and copy the link to your homepage or emails.
b) Select Get HTML embed code from the drop-down list -- you can also place the sign-up form directly into your homepage.
Yes, you can!
- 1. Select My Contacts;
- 2. Choose the list you want to edit;
- 3. Choose the field you want to export: active, inactive, or bounced;
- 4. Click Export list (it's located on the right) -- and you're done.
(5) Why can't I import my contacts? What kinds of database files does Mailigen support?
You can import contacts in the following ways:
a) One by one;
b) By uploading a database file;
c) By pasting emails in a blank space.
We support three file types for databases: *.txt, *.csv, *.xls.
- 1. The *.csv format has to have data (email, name, surname) separated with a semicolon.
- 2. The *.txt format has to have data separated with TAB ( ).
- 3. The *.xls format has to have data -- separate data types in each cell. For example, A (email), B (name), C (surname)*
*The data layout isn't strict for Excel files: you can house each sort of data in different cells. For example, you can have A (name), B (surname) and C (name); the database will still be imported depending on the data type.
The recommended size of an Excel database is c.a. 1.5 Mb. If you have few data fields, you can upload a database that weighs up to 7 Mb.
If you cannot import a larger Excel database, you'll have to split it in parts.
If you get the ‘there were no emails added to your list' message, the following could have happened:
a) Your database file could be corrupt and with mis-formatted rows.
b) The imported contacts are already in the list.
c) No contacts were found.
d) The database is too large.
e) No valid email addresses were found in the first rows of the database*
*(Symbols and spaces aren't allowed in emails)
- 1. When someone receives a campaign letter from you, the following appears in the footer of the email: ‘One-click unsubscribe'. If the link is clicked, the recipient has to enter his email to ensure that he or she is removed from the list.
- 2. When subscribers opt-out from your list, they will be presented with a message that confirms their unwillingness to receive further emails from you. A last email confirming their opt-out will be sent.
- 3. You will now see this contact as ‘unsubscribed' in the list.
*If the recipient continues to receive emails from you, make sure that the email isn't forwarded from his/her old email.
- The contact can be imported by Mailigen users. They can add users to their own lists.
- The contact can be imported from a different list.
- The contact can be copied from another list.
- And, of course, the contact will be added to your list if she/he has subscribed via a sign-up form.
To edit sign-up forms and opt-out forms, select My Contacts and click on a sign-up form of a particular list.
You have to specify the sending language when making sign-up forms.
- 1. Mailigen doesn't sell nor email databases nor contact lists.
- 2. Mailigen is an email support provider.
- 3. We can, however, provide you with a marketing strategy.
- 4. After we've put the plan to action, you'll surely witness a significant increase in the size of your email list.