Step 1: Preferences and Campaign Type
The Campaign Preferences Step has two key areas:
- Campaign Details
- Campaign Type
The Campaign Details area, located on the left, allows you to specify information about the campaign. The fields available in the Campaign Details area will depend upon the type of A/B campaign that you selected. In this example, we are using the “Message Subject” type.
- Campaign title—the title of the campaign
- Message Subject A—the subject message for campaign A. This field will not be required for other A/B campaign types.
- Message Subject B—the subject message for campaign B. This field will not be required for other A/B campaign types.
- Message From—the message sender's name. This is automatically populated with the default Sender Name from your account preferences.
- Reply Address—the email address for replies. This is automatically populated with the default From Email from your account preferences.
- Personalize the “To:” Field—If available in the list, this will display the subscriber's first and last name in the “To” field.
- Track opens—Track who opens the newsletter. This cannot be changed.
- Track HTML clicks—track clicks on links in the HTML version. This cannot be changed.
- Track plain-text clicks—track clicks on links in the plain text version.This cannot be changed.
- Authenticate the campaign—check the box to authenticate your campaign
- Google Analytics Tracking—check this box and then enter a campaign name to have clicks and opens included in your Google Analytics reports.
- Send campaign with inline images—enabling this option will embed the images in the HTML code, so they don't have to be loaded from the server but are displayed automatically inside the email program.
In addition, you can elect to share your campaign on Twitter or Facebook by checking the appropriate boxes.
Click the Next Button to continue to step 2 which is covered in the support topic, “A/B Test Campaign Step 2: Recipients”