The final step of the A/B Campaign setup is divided into four main areas:
- Email Preview
- Campaign Settings
- A/B Test Settings
- Sending Time
The Campaign Navigation section, located in the upper-left side of the screen, provides quick reference links to jump back to different parts of the A/B campaign setup:
- Email Template preview — an option to quickly preview your template and see how merge tags transform into text,
- From Name — Email sender name,
- From Email — Email sender email address,
- Subject Line — Email subject line. You can edit the subject line of the email (or both emails in the case of an A/B campaign) by clicking on the Pencil next to the subject.
- Replay-To — Email reply-to email address,
- To — Email recipients (list, segment),
- Email Size — The size of an email is important for your campaign to be successfully delivered. You can learn more about how email size affects delivery in our blog article, How Does Email Size Affect Deliverability?
- SpamScore Check — A score that defines if your email campaign could land in spam folder,
- Edit Social Cards — Here you can edit your social cards. Use this form to customize how your email campaign archive is shared on social media. Note that this option won't be visible for A/B Split: Content type of campaigns.
The Campaign Setting section, located in the upper right, displays basic information about how the campaign will be sent out. This will differ based on the type of A/B test campaign that you selected when you started this process.
- Campaign Settings—Jump back to Step 1 to specify campaign settings,
- HTML Email—Jump back to Step 3 to adjust contents of the HTML email,
- Plain text email—Jump back to Step 3 to adjust the contents of the plain text email.
A/B Test Settings
The A/B Test Settings section enables you to specify how the winning campaign will be selected. You can use the slider bar to set how many recipients will receive type A, type B, and the winning version.
To specify how the winner will be decided:
- Click on the radio button of the method that you want to use. Methods include:
- Number of opens
- Number of clicks (CTR)
- Use the Days drop-down and hours drop-down to set the time limit until the winner has been decided.
Finally, click the Advanced Settings link to change the winner selection process:
- Automatically—click this radio button to automatically have our platform to send the winning newsletter to the remaining recipients. You can also elect to send a specific version if the results of the test are inconclusive.
- Manually—nothing will happen once the winner has been decided. You will be able to select what to do.
The Sending Time Section enables you to specify when the A/B campaign will start. Click the radio button to:
- Send Now,
- Send later — If you select this option, click on the Calendar Icon to specify a day and time.
This option allows you to exclude subscribers who have received a certain number of campaigns in the selected time period.
If you have selected to send now, click the Send button when finished. Alternatively, if you have selected to send later, click the Schedule Sending button. You can also click the Save Draft & Exit to save the A/B test as a draft.