- Email Preview
- Campaign Settings
- A/B Test Settings
- Sending Time
The Campaign Navigation section, located in the upper upper-left on of the screen provides quick reference links to jump back to different parts of the A/B campaign setup:
- Email Template preview — an option to quickly preview your template and see how merge tags transform into text
- From Name — Email sender name
- From Email — Email sender email address
- Subject Line — Email subject line
- Replay-To — Email replay-to email address
- To — Email recipients (list, segment)
- Email Size — The size of the email campaign
- SpamScore Check — A score that defines if your email campaign could land in spam folder
- Email Inbox Preview — Email template preview on multiple devices and email clients/programs
There you can also see the total size of your email. Size of an email is very important for your campaign to be successfully delivered. You can learn more about how email size affects delivery in our blog article "How Does Email Size Affect Deliverability?".
The Campaign Send Details section, located in the upper right, displays basic information about how the campaign will be sent out. This will differ based upon the type of A/B test campaign that you selected when you started this process.
You can also edit the subject line of the email (or both emails in the case of an A/B campaign) by clicking on the Edit Link next to the subject. When you are finished making edits, click the Save Icon to commit the changes to the campaign email subject.
- Campaign Settings—Jump back to Step 1 to specify campaign settings
- HTML Email—Jump back to Step 3 to adjust contents of the HTML email
- Plan text email—Jump back to Step 3 to adjust contents of the plain text email
A/B Test Settings
To specify how the winner will be decided:
- Click on the radio button of the method that you want to use. Methods include:
- Number of opens
- Number of clicks (CTR)
- Use the Days drop down and hours drop down to set the time limit until the winner has been decided.
Finally, click the Advanced Settings Linkto change the winner selection process:
- Automatically—click this radio button to automatically have Mailigen send the winning newsletter to the remaining recipients. You can also elect to send a specific version if the results of the test are inconclusive.
- Manually—nothing will happen once the winner has been decided. You can elect what to do.
The Sending Time Section enables you to specify when the A/B campaign will start. Click the radio button to:
- Send Now
- Send later. If you select this version, click on the Calendar Icon to specify a day and time. Click on the date to set a day and use the hours and minutes slider to adjust the time.
If you have elected to send now, click the Send Now Button when finished. Alternatively, if you have elected to send later, click the Schedule Sending Button. You can also click the Save Draft & Exit to save the A/B test as a draft.