We have a flexible system that includes both a standard set of list fields as well as the ability to create any field using a standard library of field types.
To manage and view the fields in your list:
- Click on the My Lists option from the List Menu. This will open the My Lists Window.
- Click on the list you wish to modify. When the new window opens, click on List Actions and choose Custom Fields
The default list fields include:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
Should you wish to add your own fields, you can do so by clicking on the Add New Field button.
You can select the kind of field you wish to add by using the drop-down menu. When adding custom fields, our system supports the following types:
- Text—a plain text field accepting any kind of input
- Number—a numerical value
- Single Choice (radio)—a single selection from multiple choices. To add a new value click the Add Value button and enter the value to be part of the multiple choice.
- Checkboxes—multiple selections from multiple choices. To add a new value click the Add Value button and enter the value to be part of the multiple choice.
- Drop down—a single selection from a drop-down menu. To add a new value click the Add Value button and enter the value to be part of the multiple choice.
- Date—a date field. This is in the format YEAR-MONTH-DAY
- Address—a text field for an address that accepts all character types. This looks the same as the Text field.
- SMS—this field only supports numbers with enough characters for a phone number, area code, and country code. This looks the same as the Number field.
- Website—a standard web URL including “http://” This looks the same as the Text field.
- Image—this field supports a Web URL of a JPEG, GIF, or PNG file. This looks the same as the text field.
For each custom field, you can also define the following:
- Field title—the title of the field. This is the field label that the subscriber will see.
- Merge Tag—this is the field's merge tag used when sending out emails. By default, our platform creates a numerical merge tag (i.e., MERGE#) but you can also specify one that's easier to remember. We will automatically populate this field with the value from the Field Title.
- Default value—a default value that the subscriber will see when filling in the sign-up form.
- Required field—whether or not the subscriber must fill in the field to complete the sign-up form.
- Visible in the list—whether or not the field should be visible when viewing the subscribers on the List page.
- Visible to subscribers in preferences page—whether or not the field should be visible to subscribers on their profile page.