The drag-and-drop editor is a newly designed editor that makes building your email campaign newsletters even easier.
The editor is divided into a number of different sections:
In addition, there are a number of other features that you can access:
Blocks different kinds of content within your email newsletter. There are 10 kinds of blocks:
- Social Media Links
- Social Profile Links
- Horizontal Divider
- Dynamic Content
To add a block, simply click on it, hold the mouse button, and drag it down to your newsletter. A line will appear indicating where the block will be dropped if you let go of the mouse button.
For more information about adding blocks to your newsletter, see the support topic, Frames and Blocks.
The Images Tab displays a carousel of the images and folders otherwise accessible through the Moxie Manager. For more information about adding images to your email campaign, see the support topic, Images Uploading and Editing.
The Text Tab displays default settings for different kinds of text—Paragraph, Title 1, Title 2, and Custom.
For each kind of text, you can specify the following to be applied, by default, to new text blocks that are added to the newsletter:
- Text style—use the drop-down to select the font family
- Text size—use the arrow keys to increase or decrease the font size in pixels
- Color—click on the color drop-down to open the color selector where you can choose a color or enter a hexadecimal value
- Styling—click on the bold, italic, or underline to set the style
- Line height—use the drop-down to select the line-height
- Alignment—use the drop-down to select the text alignment
- Link Style—use the drop-down to select the font family for hyperlinks
- Text size—use the arrow keys to increase or decrease the font size in pixels for hyperlinks
- Color—click on the color drop-down to open the color selector where you can choose a color or enter a hexadecimal value for hyperlinks
The Template tab allows you to specify settings for four different template areas:
For the background settings, you can specify the following:
- Background color— use the drop-down to select a color for the entire newsletter
- Image—click the Add Image Icon to open the Image Manager to select a background image for the block. Remove an image by clicking on the Remove Image Icon. For more information about the image manager, see the support topic Images
- Repeat—set the background image to repeat or not
- Image placement—use the drop-down to set where the image should be placed within the block
- Align — select message alignment
- Writing mode — select your preferred writing mode.
- Background color—Use the drop-down to open the color selection pop-up. This enables you to select a color or type in a hexadecimal value.
- Outer — Use the drop-down to open the color selection pop-up for the outer header background.
- Image—click the Add Image Icon to open the Image Manager to select a background image for the block. For more information about the image manager, see the support topic Images. You can also remove an image by clicking on the Remove Image Icon.
- Background Image Repeat—set the background image to repeat or not
- Background Image Position—use the drop-down to set where the image should be placed within the block
- Border location—use the drop-down to select where you want borders to appear.
- Border size — select the size of the border. This is a WYSIWYG control so you will see the effect on the block immediately.
- Border style—use the drop-down to select a style for the borderline
- Border color—Use the drop-down to open the color selection pop-up. This enables you to select a color or type in a hexadecimal value.
- Rounded corners — create rounded corners for the selected block.
- Spacing — this option allows you to edit spacing. It represents blank space between the header contents and the header border.
- Alignment—use the drop-down to select where the header contents should be aligned.
- Width—enter a width for the header.
- Shadow—use the drop-down to select the shadow color. This will open the color chooser from which you can pick a color or enter a hexadecimal value.
The body settings are the same as the header settings.
The footer settings are the same as the header settings.
The Options tab allows you to specify some additional settings and carry out a number of additional functions for your campaign:
- Attach a file—click the Attachment Icon to attach a file to your newsletter. This could be a PDF version.
- Preheader — a preheader is a text following the subject line when an email is previewed. A preheader is one of the first three items (Sender Name, Subject line, Preheader) a subscriber sees when viewing an email.
- Spam Check—click the SpamAssassin Check Icon to perform an assessment of your campaign's spam worthiness. Although this won't guarantee that your email won't get caught in spam filters, it can provide a good understanding of the likelihood that your email campaign will land in the user's inboxes.
- Send test email—email a copy of your newsletter to the default email address on your account. You can choose up to five test email recipients.
- Print—print a copy of your newsletter
- PDF—print a copy of your newsletter to PDF
- Language — Select the language of the campaign.
Learn more about plain text campaigns in Creating A Plain-text Email Marketing Campaign
This section allows you to send test emails and check your campaign spam score.
For more information about using frames to create the structure of your newsletter, see the support topic, Frames and Blocks.
You can preview your newsletter by clicking the appropriate icon:
To save your newsletter, click the ''Save as'' button to the left of the Blocks tab.
You can undo and redo actions by clicking on the appropriate icon next to the save icon to the left of the Blocks Tab.