To get to Campaign creation step 1, go to Campaigns section and click on Create New Email Campaign and choose Regular or A/B Test campaign.
The Campaign Preferences Step has two key areas:
The Campaign Details area, located on the left, allows you to specify information about the campaign:
- Campaign title—the title of the campaign
- Message subject—the subject message for a campaign.
- From e-mail - the message sender's email. This is automatically populated with the default Sender email from your account preferences. If you have several sender IDs submitted, you will be able to choose from the options. You will also be able to edit the chosen sender's details without leaving the page.
- From name—the message sender's name. This is automatically populated with the default Sender Name from your account preferences or the chosen sender's details and can be manually changed, if needed.
- Reply address—the email address for replies. This is automatically populated from the "From e-mail" field and can be manually changed if needed.
The Options area, located on the right, allows you to manage tracking, embedded images, and personalization:
- Personalize the “To:” Field—If available in the list, this will display the subscriber's first and last name in the “To” field.
- Track HTML e-mail opens—Track who opens the newsletter.
- Track HTML clicks—track clicks on links in the HTML version.
- Track plain-text clicks—track clicks on links in the plain text version.
- Google Analytics Tracking—check this box and then enter a campaign name to have clicks and opens included in your Google Analytics reports.
- Authenticate the campaign—check the box to authenticate your campaign
- Send campaign with embedded images—enabling this option will embed the images in the HTML code, so they don't have to be loaded from the server but are displayed automatically inside email program
In addition, you can select to share your campaign on Twitter or Facebook by checking the appropriate boxes.
Click the Next Step button to continue to step 2 which is covered in the support topic, “Email Campaign Step 2: Recipients”