To make your survey more appealing to the respondent's eye, you need to go through some basic designing steps.
Designing a Survey
If you don't already have your survey open, you will need to open it for editing. For more information about editing a survey, see the support topic Edit a Survey
Once your survey is open, click on the Survey Design Option (Step 3) in the Survey Wizard Navigation. This will open the Survey Design Tools.
There are three ways you can modify the design (look and feel) of your survey:
You can choose from our pre-designed themes and make the necessary modifications to them. Just click on one of the schemes to see the look of your survey right away.
To specify colors,
STEP 1 Click on the Colors Tab. You can change the colors of the following elements:
- Title—this is the title of your survey
- Text—this is all the text color
- Question Text—this is just the text of the questions
- Answer Text—this is just the text of the answers
- Full Background—this is the background behind the entire survey
- Lines and Borders—this is the border around the question text
- Question Background—this is the color behind the question text
- Answers Background—this is the color behind the answer text
STEP 2 Click on the link of the color you want to change. This will open a color selection box.
STEP 3 You can set the color in a number of different ways:
- Click on a swatch in the History to use a previously used color
- Click in the main color box to set the color. You can use the color slider to set the color spectrum of the color box.
- Type in a hexadecimal color value into the text box.
STEP 4 When you are finished, click the Ok button to set the color
To specify fonts,
STEP 1 Click on the Survey Fonts tab. You can change the following fonts:
- Body Text
STEP 2 To change the font simply select it from the drop-down and then select a size in pixels.
Specify width and padding
Width and padding represent the width of the survey and the amount of space around different survey elements (padding) both measured in pixels.
You can specify the following settings:
- Survey width—enter an amount in pixels. This determines how wide the survey is.
- Question padding—enter an amount in pixels. This determines how much blank space is around each question.
- Answers padding—enter an amount in pixels. This determines how much blank spacing is around the answer section.
- Logo spacing from bottom—enter an amount in pixels. This determines how much blank space is between the bottom of the logo and the first question.
- Logo position — choose how you want to position the logo from the drop down (center, left, right)