STEP 1 — Go to the lists section and click on the desired list you want to upload emails to.
STEP 2 — In the new window, there will be a button on the right-hand which says Add subscribers. After clicking on the button, a dropdown will appear and you can choose one out of the three options:
- One-by-One—it is a pop-up where you can manually add a subscriber by filling in the form fields
- Upload File—this is where you can import .xls, .csv or .txt file up to 7MB
- Paste from Excel—here you can paste content from an Excel spreadsheet
To add subscribers one-by-one:
STEP 1 — Choose the option from the drop-down.
STEP 2 — Enter the contact information (email, name, surname are default) in the fields.
STEP 3 — This subscriber does not have email — choose this box if you are uploading SMS subscribers (only phone numbers, without email addresses)
STEP 4 — Send an email confirmation request—this will send a confirmation email to each contact added.
STEP 5 — Click the Add Subscriber Button to add the contact.
Upload a File
To upload contacts from a Microsoft Excel, .csv (Comma-Separated Variable), or .txt (Text) file:
STEP 1 — Open the list you want to add the subscribers to. This will determine the fields that need to be filled out.
STEP 2 — Choose the option from the drop-down.
STEP 3 — Click the Browse button to locate the file of subscribers on your hard drive
Specify settings for the upload:
- The first row is column headings—specify that the first row of your imported file has the field names.
- Auto-update my existing list— If we find a list member with a matching email address in your import list and existing database, the system will update the member's information. Use this if you want to keep your existing list synced with an external list.
- Add only SMS subscribers—this will import the contacts with a phone number only.
STEP 4 — Next, click the Add Subscribers button at the bottom of the screen.
After the uploading processes have finished, you will need to map the fields from your Excel spreadsheet to the fields specified in your list.
After you have successfully uploaded subscribers, you will now need to map all columns. This ensures you have the data in the right place for further personalization of email campaigns.
To map columns of imported data:
STEP 1 — You will need to click the checkbox to certify your subscriber list. This means you agree that these are subscribers, which have given you their personal permission to send them email campaigns.
STEP 2 — Look at the information in each column.
STEP 3 — Choose the appropriate field name and type or choose an existing field.
STEP 4 — If a new field is added, don't forget to click the "Add New Field" button.
STEP 5 — The default field types are Email, First Name, Last Name, and SMS.
- If any columns are not needed for the import, just leave "Belongs to:" field as it is (Skip this column)
- It might occur that some lines contain errors. You can fix every single syntax error by clicking on the pencil which appears in the highlighted fields.
- After that, you just need to click on the button Continue and all of the email IDs will be added to your list.
When the upload is done you will automatically be redirected to the list with your uploaded subscribers.
Paste from Microsoft Excel
You can also paste data from Microsoft Excel or another comma-separated variable (CSV) file rather than uploading.
This functionality is identical to uploading a file with the exception that instead of locating a file to upload you simply copy-and-paste from the file into the window. When you have pasted your data and checked the appropriate boxes, click the Add Subscribers button and that will take you to the field-mapping stage. For more information about this stage, see the Upload a File section of this support article.