The Opt-in Confirmation Email is sent to subscribers to confirm that they intended to subscribe to your list. They will be required to click on a confirmation link.
To set up and customize an opt-in confirmation email:
- Select the Web Sign up Forms option from the Lists Menu. This will open the Form and Email Design Wizard.
- The first step is to select the list from the Mailing List Drop Down.
- Next, select the Opt-in Confirmation Email from the Resources Drop Down.
The Resource section of the Form and Email Design Wizard provides you a way to specify the email settings such as title and sender details:
- Title—the title of the email. By default, this will be the same title as the list.
- Subject— the subject of the e-mail. This is auto-populated with the merge field representing the first and last name of the subscriber and a default subject.
- Sender Email—the e-mail of the sender. You will be able to choose one of the previously submitted sender IDs.
- From—the name of the sender. This is auto-populated with a merge tag of the Sender's Name currently selected for your list. For more information about sender names, see the support topic, “How to Change Your Sender Names.”
- Reply-To—the reply-to address of the sender. This is auto-populated with a merge tag of the Sender's Email address currently selected for your list.
- Confirmation link—the text that appears above the confirmation link in the email.
The WYSIWYG panel shows you a real-time representation of your form or email as you are working on it. Changes you make to fields, labels, colors, sizes, images, etc. are reflected as you make them.
You can edit any of the text in the WYSIWYG panel of the Opt-in Confirmation Email by clicking on the Edit Icon. This will open the Edit Content window.
The Edit Content Window is a WYSIWYG editor with similar features that you would find in a word processor. Through this editor you can:
- Change the font formatting (bold, italic, underline, or strikethrough)
- Modify the font justification (left, center, right, and justified)
- Select a font format (such as Heading 1, Heading 2, etc.)
- Choose a font family (such as Arial)
- Select merge tags to include from your list
- Change the font size
- Change the font color
- Highlight fonts, and
- Even apply a customized CSS to highlighted text.
When you are finished making changes to the text, you can click the Save Changes to commit them (which will close the window and return you to the Form and Email Design Wizard) or you can click the Cancel Link to cancel your changes and close the window.
Saving Your Changes
When you have finished making your changes, click the Save Changes Button at the bottom of the editor window.