To set up and customize an unsubscribe form:
- Select the Web Sign up Forms option from the Lists Menu. This will open the Form and Email Design Wizard.
- The first step is to select the list from the Mailing List Drop Down.
- Next, select the Unsubscribe Form from the Resources Drop Down.
After you have selected the Unsubscribe Form you can make changes to the behaviour or design of your form through the Resource Settings section or the Design Settings section.
The Resource section of the form design wizard provides you a way to specify the form settings such as title and description:
- Title—the title of the form. By default, this will be the same title as the list.
- Description—the form text that will appear above the text entry field. This should be helpful text explaining to users how to unsubscribe from the list.
- Button—the name of the button as it appears below the form. The default value is “update.”
- Button Position—use the drop-down to select the placement of the button (left, center, or right)
- Label—use the drop-down to specify where the field labels will be displayed
- Language—use the drop-down to select a language for the form
- Text Direction—this is applied to all the text in the form
- Remove Mailigen reference—you can disable the link to Mailigen website if you tick this box
- Show link to the profile form—use this to add an extra section that will lead to the Update Profile form
- Display other email lists in this web sign-up form— this allows other lists to be shown in the unsubscription form. You can choose which lists to show in the form if you edit list settings. This gives an option to subscribe to new lists or unsubscribe from more than one list. You can keep the default Subscription Description and Update Subscription Button or change them manually.
If Global Suppression List is enabled, you will also see these options:
- Unsubscribe Title —keep the default title or change it manually to notify your subscribers of an option to unsubscribe from everything
- Unsubscribe description —keep the default description or change it manually to give a detailed explanation of what happens if the subscriber unsubscribes from all your lists
- Unsubscribe link — use the default text or change it manually to inform the subscriber of the action that will be done after clicking on this link
The design of the Unsubscribe Form form will be exactly the same as the Sign up Form (which is the master form) until you make and save any specific changes.
The WYSIWYG panel shows you a real-time representation of your form or email as you are working on it. Changes you make to fields, labels, colors, sizes, images, etc. are reflected as you make them.
Saving Your Changes
When you have finished making your changes, click the Save Changes Button at the bottom of the editor window.