To set up and customize an unsubscribe form:
- Select the Web Sign up Forms option from the Lists Menu. This will open the Form and Email Design Wizard.
- The first step is to select the list from the Mailing List Drop Down.
- Next, select the Unsubscribe Form from the Resources Drop Down.
After you have selected the Unsubscribe Form you can make changes to the behaviour or design of your form through the Resource Settings section or the Design Settings section.
The Resource section of the form design wizard provides you a way to specify the form settings such as title and description:
- Title—the title of the form. By default, this will be the same title as the list.
- Description—the form text that will appear above the text entry field. This should be helpful text explaining to users how to unsubscribe from the list.
- Button—the name of the button as it appears below the form. The default value is “update.”
- Button Position—use the drop-down to select the placement of the button (left, center, or right)
- Label—use the drop-down to specify where the field labels will be displayed
- Language—use the drop-down to select a language for the form
- Text Direction—
- Remove Mailigen reference—
- Show link to the profile form—
- Display other email lists in this web sign-up form—
The design of the Unsubscribe Form form will be exactly the same as the Sign up Form (which is the master form) until you make and save any specific changes.
The WYSIWYG panel shows you a real-time representation of your form or email as you are working on it. Changes you make to fields, labels, colors, sizes, images, etc. are reflected as you make them.
Saving Your Changes
When you have finished making your changes, click the Save Changes Button at the bottom of the editor window.