The multi-user feature allows you to collaborate with your colleagues, employees and other specialists who might need to manage lists, create beautiful templates, manage other users, etc.
Every account has only one Master Account — the initial data that has been submitted when you signed up. The master account has full permissions to make any changes, whereas sub-user accounts have limited access. For example, the account can be closed/canceled only from the master account.
From the main menu select the account settings and from the drop-down menu select User Management.
You will see a window with users who have been already added. By default, you will always see the Owner as the first user. The owner is the creator of the account.
On the right-hand side, you will see a button “Add A User”, click on it to create and set up permissions for new sub-users.
After clicking on the Add a user button, you will see the User Details and Permission Type settings. On the left-hand side, you will need to add the full name and email address of the sub-user, whereas, on the right-hand side, you need to choose the permission type for the new sub-user.
Enter the sub-users name and surname and choose the email address to which the invitation email will be sent.
You can also preview the email that will be sent to the user by clicking on the “See what we will send” link right under User Details.
You can choose either pre-defined permission levels or define them by choosing the Custom option.
Click on the Invite User button to create and send an invitation to the new sub-user of the account.
The user will be able to access the main account after the ''Accept Invitation'' link in the email is clicked, and the username and password are entered.
The invitation email can be resent if the sub-user didn't receive the invitation email by clicking on the round arrow button on the right side of the user. Additionally, any user can be deactivated at any time by clicking on the “Deactivate” button.
The invitation will be pending until your newly created sub-user accepts the invitation that has been sent to the email address entered.
You can add an unlimited amount of sub-users, and edit their permissions at any time.
Permission types available:
- Account Manager – the Account Manager has full access but s/he cannot close the account. Only the account creator (Owner) can close the account.
- List Manager - this user can access lists, add, edit, unsubscribe and delete contacts. You can select which lists will be available to this user.
- Collaborator - has full access to the email and SMS campaigns, create and edit templates, but s/he cannot send campaigns.
- Watcher - can access reports, export overview XLS, and PDF reports. S/he can also see individual subscriber details, but cannot export them.
- Custom - create custom permission schemes, select which actions are allowed. See detailed information below:
The custom list, campaign and automation management is based on the same principles when it comes to choosing a particular campaign, list, automation or group.
The User Management feature allows you to see detailed information about all sub-users. To see all sub-users go to the User Management section. There you will see a list of all users that have ever been active on the account during its lifetime.
The Owner (creator) of the account will always be the first in the list. After that, all active users are displayed. An active user is a sub-user with active permissions for the main account.
Then inactive users are displayed. Inactive users are those with no permission to access the main account.
Individual information about the user includes:
- Full name
- Permission type
- Email address
- Last login date and time
On the right-hand side of the page, you can edit, deactivate or activate the user. For inactive users, you will also have the option to resend the activation email.
All actions made by users are documented in the User Management Activity Log:
STEP 1 — To access it, open the User Management page,
STEP 2 — On the bottom right corner of the page, you will see the “Activity Log” link. By clicking on that link you will be redirected to the page where you will be able to see what kind of activities have been undertaken.
The Activity Log is divided into three columns:
- User – shows which users have worked in the account and undertook some kind of actions.
- Activity details – shows what kind of actions have been undertaken and towards whom.
- Date – shows when these actions were undertaken.
To return to the User Management page click on the “User Management” tab that is located at the top.
STEP 1 — Go to the User Management section.
STEP 2 — There you will see a list of users, from there choose the user permissions you want to change and click on the “Edit” icon.
STEP 3 — After clicking on the “Edit” icon you will be redirected to the Permissions Type page where you can make the needed changes.
You can't change a sub- user's full name or email address.
- To revoke permissions, click on the “Deactivate” button on the right-hand side. After that, the sub-user will no longer have access to the main account.
- To activate the user that was deactivated before click on the "Activate" button.
Subuser is a user with a certain access to the main account. It can gain access if the master user sends them an invitation via email. It looks something like this:
If the invitation email is still not in your inbox several actions can be done to resolve the situation.
- Spam—the email from our system was caught in your ISP or company's spam filter. Check your spam folder for the missing message. We also recommend adding our email addresses to your contacts so that future emails aren't inadvertently sent to the spam folder.
- System fault—it's possible that there was a problem on our end. Don't hesitate to contact us directly on this matter at email@example.com
- Delay—there are no guarantees with sending an email. Sometimes delivery is nearly instantaneous. Other times, Internet congestion and other factors may cause a delay. We recommend waiting up to 10 minutes before requesting another activation email to be sent. The email may also be stuck in your email system. You should ask your system administrators or IT department if they can locate the email.
- Stuck in the system—If you didn't receive an email within 10 minutes and it is not in your spam folder, check if you are using business domain email (not Gmail, Yahoo, etc.). If so then ask your system administrator to look for an email from us in the mail system.
If you still cannot find an activation email please contact your main Account Manager or Owner of the account and check if the email is typed incorrectly. If it is not, then ask the manager to send the invitation one more time.
If you need additional permissions to some parts of the account you can always request them by first going to the section you need access to, then click on the “Request Access” link.
If your request is approved by the Account Manager/Owner you will receive an email that your permission has been updated. Then you will be able to use your newly granted permission.
The owner of an existing account can be a sub-user of one or several other accounts. You will always use your username and password to access your main account and accounts where you are a sub-user.
You can switch to different accounts within your account and you do not need to log in and out all the time.
Just click on the name of the account you need to go to and you will be redirected right away
If you see a window stating that your account is deactivated then the Account Owner or Account Manager has revoked your access to the main account. You, as a user, are inactive.
If that is a mistake please contact your main account Owner or Account Manager for more information.
You can also create your account to start your own email marketing. If not, close the page.