When you create a list in our platform, we automatically generate a series of signup forms and response emails. There are several stages involved in the process of opt-in and unsubscribe, and there is a form or email for each:
- Normally, visitors choose to join a mailing list (let's say for an email newsletter) by filling an embedded signup form, for example, in your WordPress blog. Following that, they receive an opt-in confirmation email. Once they have clicked the confirmation link, they are directed to an opt-in thank you page.
- When leaving a list, subscribers click an unsubscribe link that brings them to an unsubscribe form, which redirects them to an unsubscribe success page and also generates an unsubscribe email.
- There are two additional types of form: an update profile form for updating subscriber details and subscription preferences, and a forward to friend form for sending the signup form to a friend.
You can use Signup Forms screen to customize all the forms and emails mentioned above. Once you've completed your design you can use the share link we provide to direct people to the signup forms.
To create a signup form:
- On the toolbar, select Lists > Web Signup Forms.
- In the Signup Forms screen that appears, under Mailing List choose the necessary list and fill in the necessary details. Learn more about web sign-up form customization in How to Setup and Customize a Web Signup Form
- Click Save Changes