Inactive subscribers are the recipients who have not opened any email campaigns you have sent or the contacts that haven't confirmed their consent when a double opt-in form is used.
What to Do With Inactive Subscribers
We suggest removing inactive subscribers periodically to keep them from receiving emails that they clearly do not wish to receive (but have yet to unsubscribe themselves from the list).
To remove inactive subscribers,
- First, create a segment of the lists from which you wish to remove inactive subscribers. For more information about how to create a segment, see the support topic “How to Create a Segment”
- Second, select an Activity Filter and choose the option “not opened” and “date range”
- Third, specify a time for the date range. We recommend “6 months” but you can choose whichever date range you want.
- Finally, visit your segments by selecting the Segments option from the Contacts menu. Click on the checkbox on the left side of the segment to select all users and click on the Unsubscribe icon.
Re-sending Confirmation Email
The contacts who use a double opt-in form, receive a confirmation email, but the confirmation link is only valid for 24h. If the link is not working anymore or the subscriber hasn't received the email for any other reason, you can resend the email.
- Go to your list and open Inactive section
- Check the status of the contact. If it states "Sent" you have to wait when the current confirmation link expires to resend the email. If it states "Too old to resend" you will have to delete the contact from the inactive section and add it again. If you can resend the email, you will see a round arrow icon. Click on the icon to resend the email.