If you want to make a segment, but not sure how to filter out just the contacts you need, you can add a new value just for this purpose.
This can be useful, for example, if you want to filter just the contacts starting with a particular letter.
Adding a new column
If you have your list outside Mailigen platform, just add a new column and create a new easily distinguishable value, for example, “1” and import these details using “update existing subscriber details” option. Follow the steps in video.
- Filter your contacts outside the Mailigen platform and add a new value, for example, "1" in a new column.
- Name the column as you would like to see it in your list in Mailigen platform.
- Copy the new updated list in your excel document.
- Go to your list and choose "add subscriber" → "paste from excel"
- Paste your updated list. If you have copied the names of the columns, tick the checkbox "first row in the file contains column headings"
- Tick the checkbox "Update existing subscriber details" and click "update subscribers" to continue.
- Find the new column, name it and click "add new field"
Creating a segment based on the new value
After you have added the new value, creating a segment should be easy.
Follow the steps in video
- Create a new segment, based on the list and name it.
- Under "subscriber based filter" choose the newly created column,
- Choose the appropriate condition
- Enter the value that the segment will be based on.
- Click "create"