Two-factor authentication, also commonly referred to as 2FA is an optional feature for extra strong security. It adds another layer of security to your account so if compromised or stolen, only you can log in.
Enabling Two-Factor Authentication
To enable two-factor authentication:
- Go to your Account Settings and scroll down to Account Security
You will see if it is enabled or disabled in the brackets
- Click "Enable Two-factor Authentication" to open a pop-up window
- Scan the barcode with your application
- Enter the six-digit code from the application (After scanning the barcode image, the app will display a six-digit code that you can enter below)
You will see a new window appear with recovery codes.
- Save the codes by downloading them in TXT format, printing or/and copying them to the clipboard.
Recovery codes should be only used to access your account in the event you cannot receive two-factor authentication codes from your app.
Two-Factor Authentication in Use
If two-factor authentication has been enabled, you will be asked for the security code after logging in with your e-mail and password.
- Go to the login page
- Enter the six-digit code from your code generation app